Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app does not show check for updates button

NRO57
Aspirant

Orbi app does not show check for updates button

I need to update by orbi firmware, but the orbi app does not show the check for update button.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi app does not show check for updates button

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

I meantime you can update the FW using the RBRs web page with a PC and web browser if you like. 

If the system IS working, you don't have to update as well. 

Message 2 of 11
NRO57
Aspirant

Thanks, I did not see that community earlier

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

If the system IS working, you don't have to update as well. 

Wow...where did I hear that before...??

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

"if it works, don't fix it." 

Message 6 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

"if it works, don't fix it." 

You stole that from my playbook.  For it's not found living on the 'edge'.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Okay. 

Actually "if it works, don't fix it." has been around for a long time. Any one can use it. Users choice. 

Message 8 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Okay. 

Actually "if it works, don't fix it." has been around for a long time. Any one can use it. Users choice. 

Once again you're missing my point.  Any one CAN use it, however in this forum the consensus has been to update without any thought to the consequences, rather let me see if this new FW will get me any faster.  One person recently said they know what's best for their system.  Really?  NG has a job for you!

I for one have repeatedly stated that IF your network is working leave it alone.  Do you not recall the whinning and complaning about turning off the FW auto updates from NGs end?  So in here, in this forum, I feel I have been the only one with this position.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Its only one position. In the end it's up to the user to decide what they want to do with there stuff. 

Were just here to help them if something goes wrong. 

Message 10 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Its only one position. In the end it's up to the user to decide what they want to do with there stuff. 

Were just here to help them if something goes wrong. 

You still don't get it....IT should be your first position.  Go back and ready all the posts about how folks complained....."Please turn off the auto-update...quit pushing FW on us we don't want."  So NG did and now folks are doing what NG did before and that is to update FW all the while their system was working fine and now it doesn't.   I even saw a post today were someone said they HAD to update their FW.  Really?   And to be clear I'm NOT talking about all those problems that seem to appear because of the many ways folks configure their system.  I'm talking about the user who thinks he/she HAS to update the FW because they think it will make their system run faster and better not realizing it's fine as it is.

You and other 'helpers' need to mention the leave it alone idea more often.  You'll feel better.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7