Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app on iPad knocking internet off (!?!?)

Dd852
Luminary

Orbi app on iPad knocking internet off (!?!?)

I have an orbi system used in pass-through mode to a Fibre-supplied internet router. After the latest update to the orbi os 2.3.1.44 the iPad orbi app seems to knock my entire internet offline (i.e. not the orbi connections to computers, but the WLAN). I know the dangers of falling into a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and know that just because something happens afterwards there isn’t necessarily a causal relationship, but this has now happened three times in a row. I’ve finally deleted the app. It doesn’t happen if I sign on to orbi through the web, only the app. Anyone else see this? Or was it some crazy particular issue i had. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi app on iPad knocking internet off (!?!?)

Does this happen with any other devices using the app? 

Has the app been removed from the iPad and re-installed? Be sure it's up to date. 

Message 2 of 4
Dd852
Luminary

Thanks. Didn’t happen with the iPhone app. So I suppose it is possible it was a corrupt version of the iPad app. I haven’t tried to reinstall. Frankly on the iPad the browser version works pretty well
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now what happens if you remove and resinstall. Should not be knocking the system off line. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7