Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi doesn't work with Chromecast. Please help

Xrayphoton13
Aspirant

Orbi doesn't work with Chromecast. Please help

I just received my Orbi Rbk50 today. I got it set up and it updated to the latest firmware. My phone, ring doorbell, and Google home all connected fine and seem to be working but my Chromecast ver. 2 will not work. It says "Reconnect me. You are connected to the network but can not access the internet." I tried restarting the modem and Orbi and the Chromecast. I tried factory resetting the Chromecast several times. Is this a known issue? Any ideas? Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Try WPA instead of WPA2, then try WPA and AES Only.

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Try WPA instead of WPA2, then try WPA and AES Only.

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Message 2 of 4
Xrayphoton13
Aspirant

Thank you! I found out my Google home also did not have internet internet access. Man I was bummed out but in the end I only had to make one of your changes to get everything to work right. I'm on firmware ver. 2.2.1.210 and daisychain was on by default. Once I turned that off everything instantly started working!
Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it fixed it. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos