Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi iOS app unable to download from App Store

kev1nme1er
Initiate

Orbi iOS app unable to download from App Store

Just purchased Orbi yesterday.  Setup was easy, but I can no longer download apps from the Apple store.  A search led me to previous issues that were apparently resolved, but this is still a problem for me.  I am accessing the Canadian store and my ISP is Telus.

A few other issues that I am seeing are:

1.  The SpeedSmart app no longer finds a server.

2.  The Orbi app often starts up saying "Router Not Set Up".  If I click "Dismiss", the app opens but say Internet Offline, which it is not because I can open my browser on my iPhone and hit various urls with no issues.

Is this a defective system or have I possibly missed something during setup?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 6
kev1nme1er
Initiate

Current Firmware is 2.1.4.16, which I updated to last night.

My ISP's router is an ActionTec  T3200M.

Not sure where I would disable MIMO, Daily Chain, etc. and honestly, if this is not a plug and play device like I was led to believe, I am just going to take it back.  I have enough projects on my list, but was hoping for a simple fix. 

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Fix is probably this since you already have a modem/router in the mix:

https://www.actiontec.com/products/wifi-routers-gateways/vdsl/t3200m/

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.

2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 6
Unclenorrie
Aspirant

Has this issue been resolved. Can’t connect to Apple App Store through my new orbit router wifi. This is connected to my existing modem/router via ethernet

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.

2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,

with the wifi turned off

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the FW version your using on the Orbi system? 

What is the Mfr and model# of your ISP modem? 

Please try one of the suggestions if you have a ISP Modem with a built in router. 

@Unclenorrie wrote:

Has this issue been resolved. Can’t connect to Apple App Store through my new orbit router wifi. This is connected to my existing modem/router via ethernet

with the wifi turned off

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7