× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi logs useless?

pfbz
Aspirant

Orbi logs useless?

What's the deal with Orbi logs?   I'm trying to debug a satellite connection problem, and the log is just full of DHCP requests and spurious denial of service notifications.

Zero informatio on the status of connectivity with satelites, boots, communication with the WAN, etc.

This is woefully incomplete info compared to logs I've seen from other routers in addition to being flooded with useless info.

Is there any sort of advanced debug mode that actually logs the behind-the-scenes Orbi to satellite activity?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Miles267
Apprentice

The Orbi logs are vital for Netgear support engineers to reproduce issues and create bug fixes. Recently worked with Level 2 Support for several weeks and the logfiles have proven invaluable. Prior to this experience I too would’ve doubted their value.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
pedrore
Guide

What I find annoying is that the logs clear on router reboot. So if there were to be an event that caused a reboot (not that that EVER happens) you can't check the log to see what might have happened just before reboot.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7