Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi network map shows only 3 out of 4 satellites

jarih67
Aspirant

Orbi network map shows only 3 out of 4 satellites

I have 4 Orbi Satellites in my RBK40 network but only 3 of them shows in the network map. If I close one of them, the forth will become visible. I will see all four if I click on the banner that says " Tap here to see additional satellites"

My question is: Does the network map has a maximum of 3 satellites that it can show in the map?

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi network map shows only 3 out of 4 satellites

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Do you have a screen capture that you can attached to a post here in the forums so we can see? Use the Choose File button.

Is this on the RBRs web page or Orbi app? 

Message 2 of 8
franktribe
Apprentice

Mine only should the router and none of my 2 satellites in the Orbi app. On the web interface, everything looks fine.  I think my router auto updated to 2.7.3.22. Because I never updated it. It was running great on the previous version I was on. Now, things are little off. Thinking of factory resetting or downgraded to previous one I was on (can't remember the version but, it was super stable).

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Once setup, check orbi app. RBS should appear in the app. 

@franktribe wrote:

Mine only should the router and none of my 2 satellites in the Orbi app. On the web interface, everything looks fine.  I think my router auto updated to 2.7.3.22. Because I never updated it. It was running great on the previous version I was on. Now, things are little off. Thinking of factory resetting or downgraded to previous one I was on (can't remember the version but, it was super stable).

Message 4 of 8
jarih67
Aspirant

Here is a screen shot. If I close one satellite, the hidden one will show in the map. I have two rbs40 and router rbr40 running firmware 2.7.3 22 and two plug-in satellites running firmware 2 6 2.6. The problem exists only in the app. In orbilogin i see all the satellites. Also in the app I'll see all the sarwllites when i click on the banner so i thought that the network map graphic can show only 2 satellites at the time.
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 6 of 8
franktribe
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 , I know you mention factor resetting a lot. I have done it once after an upgrade but most of mine I haven't had to reset. But, I think I might need to with this one.

When you reset it, do you manually reconfigure everything? Or do you back up the config and restore?

And finally, how do you feel about this firmware, good? Or is it worth waiting for another before going through all of this? Mine works...it's just "weird" sometimes. Like the Orbi app issues, and sometimes some devices have issues going to the internet, etc. But most of the time it works.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok sometimes a reset is needed. 

You can back up the config then reset and restore. If you still see odd things, try a reset with out a restore and setup from scratch.

I didn't get enough time with my RBK50 to get a good feel of v22 before having to take it off line. I did see bad ethernet ARP storms when RBS were connected. I had to reboot both RBR and RBS and finally things settled down. I still had Circle and Parental Controls enabled after it was updated. 

Might as @CrimpOn on any experiences he has as he still uses the 50 series...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7