Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not providing steady internet flow

tenyru
Follower

Orbi not providing steady internet flow

Or however I can put it.I have an Orbi rbr20 w/satelite and just bought an orbi rbs40.it links up nicely but doesn't provide the same speed as the router or the rbs20.I thought the selling point was that I would get an extension of wifi flow throughout the house but no sigar.Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi not providing steady internet flow

Problem is that the satellites still have to use a wireless backhaul between router/satellite. 

If you put the satellite somewhere where there isn't much for signal, it doesn't have a good connection either. 

I usually advise people to try the satellite in several locations. And to hardwire a laptop into it for testing placement. that allows you to only test that wireless backhaul to help find the best location. 

And the best location might surprise you. sometimes things in walls like hvac/plumbing can block signals so a lateral move can help just as much as moving closer. So try testing different locations for it with that wired connection. 

What wired speed do you get from the router? 

And each satellite? 

Whats the home made from material wise? 

How big is it? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7