Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi refuses to change status for blocked devices

cmanning001
Follower

Orbi refuses to change status for blocked devices

@Blanca_O

RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router

Router Firmware Version V2.3.5.30

I have access control turned on w/ the option to block new devices selected.  Once that new device connects, it is blocked as expected.  So my issue is adding the new device to the allowed list found in Advanced, Security, Access Control section of the web UI or in the Device Manager of the Orbi app.

• When using the Orbi app;
    • Adding the new device to the allowed list returns an error to "Please try again later" 
  • When using the web UI;
    • Checking the box to the new device, clicking allow, clicking apply and after the page refreshes the new device is still blocked.
    • Checking the box to the new device, clicking edit, changing Access Control to allow, clicking apply and after the page refreshes the new device is still blocked.

So there is a catch to all this.  If it is an existing device on the allowed list, then changing the access control settings work in both the app and the web UI without any issues. 

Also there's a workaround by manually adding the device to the allowed list;

• copy the MAC address of the new blocked device
  • clicking add in the "View list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network" section
  • paste the MAC address, give the device a name and click apply.

This issue needs to be passed onto the software developers to fix this bug in the firmware.  It must be the firmware since the issue is the same in the Orbi app and the web UI.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi refuses to change status for blocked devices

Hi @cmanning001

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7