× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router not connecting to login page of my netgear nighthawk c7000 modem / router

froggie76za
Initiate

Orbi router not connecting to login page of my netgear nighthawk c7000 modem / router

My Nighthawk Modem / router's IP address was / is 192.168.0.1. My Orbi's IP is 192.168.1.1. My Orbi is in Router mode and connected with a LAN cable to my modem. 

Recently I switched the modem/router's route mode off completely. After I switched it off I can't login to my modem's admin page.

The internet works fine, all devices have internet, etc .... but if I access my wifi on the orbi I can't access my Modem / Router's login page. 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi router not connecting to login page of my netgear nighthawk c7000 modem / router

1. What IP address is now set in Orbi as the internet IP address in >> ADVANCED >> Setup >> Internet Setup? If it’s a public IP address the you won’t be able to reach the C7000 management IP address from Orbi. 
  2. Have you tried to connect a computer to a LAN port on the C7000 and browse to routerlogin.com?
  3. How did you “disable the router mode” in the C7000? I guess that you setup a DMZ server address in the WAN settings? Do you still have DHCP functionality in the C7000 in the LAN settings?
Message 2 of 3

Re: Orbi router not connecting to login page of my netgear nighthawk c7000 modem / router

As well as following @ekhalil's suggestions, remember that itis important to do things in the right order when setting up your network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Get it wrong and devices can opt for "non-standard" local IP addresses, which confuses attempts to get at things like routerlogin.net.

You might also want to reset the devices before you reboot the network. But try it without doing that first.

There is support for the Orbi WiFi System, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Orbi RBK50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support <<<<

See the section Connect Your Router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7