Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - setting up static IP address for one of my "appliances"

StillHereInKy
Follower

Orbi - setting up static IP address for one of my "appliances"

Hello "community"

I am reluctant to do what I am describing here but I need to so I am asking for someone to confirm my understanding.

My system currently assigns IP addresses automatically and after a power outage or reboot or whatever is known to re-assign IP addresses which messes up my access to printers but more importantly my security system.  They have asked that I make the IP address "static" so that it doesn't change.

I think this is relatively straightforward:

1.  Log in to dashboard at orbilogin.com

2.  Navigate to Advanced Tab

3.  Select LAN setup

4.  On that page, go to Address Reservation and click on "Add"

5.  A table is created of all my devices ("appliances"

6.  Scroll to the desired device, click on the radio button to its left, and click on "Add" at the top of the page.

7.  This is where I got scared.  I didn't go farther.  I assume I get some kind of dialog which is probably as straightforward as what I have done so far.  Once I do what it says, I think that the device ("appliance") will keep that IP address regardless of power cycles, etc.  Just what the company wants.

8.  Possibly I should do a full cycle of the cable modem/router/switch after doing this.

Once I have accomplished this with my security system, I can go and do the same thing with my printers!

Again, could someone who has done this before please be so kind as to confirm my understanding, point me to a manual (I tried reading the instruction manual but couldn't find this, it's probably there somewhere) and tell me of anything to be careful about?

Thanks in advance

Jed

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi - setting up static IP address for one of my "appliances"

Yes, you are doing this correctly.  Make sure you also click the "Apply" button on the Address Reservation page to have the router restart its DNS server process for the changed to take affect.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3

Re: Orbi - setting up static IP address for one of my "appliances"

Which printer is this?

There are two places where you can fix the printer's IP address. The printer and/or the router.

It may be enough simply to fix it on the printer.

Here's how it works on a Canon.

Canon IP AddressCanon IP Address

You get there through whatever network utility your printer has.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7