Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi support for IPTV multicast/IGMPv3

gr8sho
Virtuoso

Orbi support for IPTV multicast/IGMPv3

Hello,

I saw a solved thread where the solution references an option called IGMP Proxy, and is the only mention of IGMP I can find in the web GUI.  The thread was opened by Orbi users in Germany.  Can anyone confirm the Orbi fully supports IGMPv3 by design?

Even better would be to confirm Uverse TV traffic can flow successfully through the RBR50 and RBS50. 

Message 1 of 2
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi support for IPTV multicast/IGMPv3

I did one quick test by Ethernet connecting a Cisco ISB7005 settop box to the RBS50. The good news is I was able to stream IPTV, which means I’m not reliant on the gateway box for U-verse TV.
An interesting side effect was by connecting the settop box to the Orbi, the few devices connected to the gateway were now visible in the Orbi app with their 192.168.1.x subnet addresses. I assume this is an artifact of how IGMPv3 works.
For reference, my home network uses 10.0.0.x subnet for home network to avoid conflict with the att Arris router.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7