Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi w/ AT&T Fiber

BEBLNola
Follower

Orbi w/ AT&T Fiber

To start off, I am not familiar with or knowledgeable about networking/wi-fi set-up at all.

I am trying to set up an Orbi system I recently purchased (a RBR50 router and 2 RBS50 satellites) to provide better wi-fi coverage for my house.  I have AT&T fiber optic internet service with a BGW210 "modem"/gateway/router.

I've hooked up the Orbi router to the BGW210 and went to set up the Orbi system through the app, but the app can't find the router (even though I am logged on to the wi-fi signal that the Orbi router is putting out). 

I have read posts that I need to have the BGW210 in "gateway" mode and the wi-fi turned off (or maybe with "IP Passthrough"?).

I've tried to look online for guidance on how to do this, but what I find doesn't give me the step-by-step instructions that someone like me who doesn't know anything about this stuff needs.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction on where to look or what to do?

Thanks!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi w/ AT&T Fiber

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly. Might ask the ISP for help about IP Pass Through as well.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router. Use the modem as your main host router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7