Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi with EX8000 – AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Extender - wired backhaul

Davapersson
Guide

Orbi with EX8000 – AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Extender - wired backhaul

Is it possible to have EX8000 – AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender in AP-mode, hardwire it with Ethernet to Orbi Router RBK50 ? I think I finally have a (fake?) wired backhaul, or am I wrong? 

Maybe not an Orbi-question, but the Nighthawk extender looks a lot like Orbi-Satellite? Is it just a pimped Orbi-Satellite with some technology ahead that will soon will be seen on the Orbi system? But this is just speculation, my key question is if the Nighthawk Extender will work wired with the Orbi Router.

/David

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes it should work as a wired AP are you wanting to do this because orbi does not have Ethernet backhaul?

DarrrenM

Message 2 of 3
Davapersson
Guide

Thnx for quick reply Darren.

Yes, exactly. I heard that Orbi Satellite maybe will have this wired feature in the future also, but no timeline for this has been communated so far.

When u are here, do u know if the Nighthawk Extender use all six antennes for wifi when it is on Ethernet to router? And if Orbi Satellite will use six antennas (all bandwith) for wifi if it has an Ethernet backhaul.

/David

(pardon my bad English, from Sweden :))

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7