× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

Orbi50 won’t connect to iPad mini3

BuilT
Initiate

Orbi50 won’t connect to iPad mini3

I replaced my previous Netgear router with the Orbi50 system. I finally got everything working with it except my iPad mini3. It sees the network, but can’t seem to connect to it. Any solutions?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BuilT
Initiate

Re: Orbi50 won’t connect to iPad mini3

I feel so stupid.  I've been fiddling with this for 2 months and finally asked for help.  Your reply put me on the right trail.  While going back thru everything I found that my ipad mini had the "blocked" block checked in the Orbi control panel.  Why that happened is anybody;'s guess.  I certainly don't remember blocking and device.  Anyway, you caused me to stumble on the solution.  I unchecked the box, and everything is now working fine with my iPad mini3.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Does the iPad Mini network settings show the password you enter as characters or 'dots'?

It's probably "just me", but I find the iPad keyboard really awkward to use, especially in terms of capitals, lower case letters, and symbols.

Is the Orbi Guest network enabled (perhaps with a really simple password)?

Was the Orbi set up using a web browser, or the 'app'?  Sometimes a device can get 'paused' on the Orbi app (by accident).

I love my Orbi.
Message 2 of 4
BuilT
Initiate

I feel so stupid.  I've been fiddling with this for 2 months and finally asked for help.  Your reply put me on the right trail.  While going back thru everything I found that my ipad mini had the "blocked" block checked in the Orbi control panel.  Why that happened is anybody;'s guess.  I certainly don't remember blocking and device.  Anyway, you caused me to stumble on the solution.  I unchecked the box, and everything is now working fine with my iPad mini3.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR700, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E