Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi50 won’t connect to iPad mini3

BuilT
Initiate

Orbi50 won’t connect to iPad mini3

I replaced my previous Netgear router with the Orbi50 system. I finally got everything working with it except my iPad mini3. It sees the network, but can’t seem to connect to it. Any solutions?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BuilT
Initiate

I feel so stupid.  I've been fiddling with this for 2 months and finally asked for help.  Your reply put me on the right trail.  While going back thru everything I found that my ipad mini had the "blocked" block checked in the Orbi control panel.  Why that happened is anybody;'s guess.  I certainly don't remember blocking and device.  Anyway, you caused me to stumble on the solution.  I unchecked the box, and everything is now working fine with my iPad mini3.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Does the iPad Mini network settings show the password you enter as characters or 'dots'?

It's probably "just me", but I find the iPad keyboard really awkward to use, especially in terms of capitals, lower case letters, and symbols.

Is the Orbi Guest network enabled (perhaps with a really simple password)?

Was the Orbi set up using a web browser, or the 'app'?  Sometimes a device can get 'paused' on the Orbi app (by accident).

Message 2 of 4
BuilT
Initiate

I feel so stupid.  I've been fiddling with this for 2 months and finally asked for help.  Your reply put me on the right trail.  While going back thru everything I found that my ipad mini had the "blocked" block checked in the Orbi control panel.  Why that happened is anybody;'s guess.  I certainly don't remember blocking and device.  Anyway, you caused me to stumble on the solution.  I unchecked the box, and everything is now working fine with my iPad mini3.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7