Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiOS 2.1.4 availability

manuel-c23
Star

@RocketSquirrel wrote:

@manuel-c23 wrote:

So we should buy a UPS for the Orbi router because the Orbi firmware is bugged?

No, you should buy a UPS for the modem & router to keep your network alive during a power outage.

I don't need that. I just need a fix for the wired backhaul bug after a router reboot.

Message 251 of 258
JMU1998
Luminary

Is there a beta Firmware available or in the works that addresses the wired backhaul bug?

Message 252 of 258
protojah
Aspirant

@RocketSquirrel wrote:

@protojah wrote:

The only issue now is the fact that if there is a power outage, wired backhaul doesnt work, I have to unplug the ethernet cable, let the satellites sync wirelessly then plug in the cable after 5 minutes. 

My Orbi router (and my cable modem) are powered by a UPS. My 2 Orbi satellites are just plugged into the wall. I haven't had my wired backhaul drop after a power outage. Just speculating, it may be sufficient to keep the main router powered through an outage.

@RocketSquirrel modem and Orbi router are on UPS, satellites are not. In my case the satellites and router just seem to have an issue resyncing over ethernet.

Message 253 of 258
timch
Luminary

Rif.: OrbiOS 2.1.4 availability

My wired connection has no problem recovering after power cycling the router.
Message 254 of 258
cyberprashant
Luminary

i was having problems iwth 2.1.4.0 suddenly yesterday - kept locking up, couldn't connect ot the router page, no wifi or hardwired internet access - I thought I would have to send it in or what?   Setup is RBK53 from costco with 1 wired satellite and 1 wireless.  Daisy chain setting was enabled and still left enabled. 

Finally did a factory reset and couple of power cycles and syncing the satellites back and seems to be stable now. 

Message 255 of 258
FURRYe38
Guru

If you only have 1 Satellite, you can disable Daisy Chain, its not needed if you only have 1 satellite. Try disabling MIMO and Fast Roaming. Try setting manual channels 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4gh as well. 

@cyberprashant wrote:

i was having problems iwth 2.1.4.0 suddenly yesterday - kept locking up, couldn't connect ot the router page, no wifi or hardwired internet access - I thought I would have to send it in or what?   Setup is RBK53 from costco with 1 wired satellite and 1 wireless.  Daisy chain setting was enabled and still left enabled. 

Finally did a factory reset and couple of power cycles and syncing the satellites back and seems to be stable now. 

Message 256 of 258
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 257 of 258
arosstyler
Guide

Just installed 2.1.4.16 fingers crossed this is the solution to the WiFi drop and Reboot. The release notes explain it fixes a drop of WiFi or Reboot when under stress (what my guess was all along) so we shall see. Side note for anyone looking for a WiFi networked automatic power cycle type device... I tried everything I could find and eventually bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765NCB2L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It took some configuration and a beta firmware from Tech Support (who is surprisingly responsive and helpful over their web-based chat) but have it set up to auto power cycle the RBR50 if it fails to be connected to WLAN (so if the router hangs and drops the WiFI as it did) or if it loses Internet but WiFi is still on (this also would happen the WiFi stays up and the modem is fine but mysteriously the internet would go down).  With this set up going, I had an average of 2 power cycles a day (logs on this power device are great) but I never got complaints from family when I was away that the internet went down and never came back up. Each time it fixed itself in 8 mins or less.

Now with new firmware, this power device may be overkill but I love that I have it as I travel a lot and need to access my home network when away and cant be there to reboot myself. 

Message 258 of 258
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7