Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power adapter for RBK12

tremonade
Follower

Power adapter for RBK12

I purchased an RBK12 system from Canada to use it at my parents' place in India. I connected the adapter to the power and it started to emit some smoke, so I took it off. The adapter got too hot. This happened to the satellite too, so both adapters are now dead. I have attached an image of the adapter that came with the router.

Now, what kind of adapter should I buy so that I can use the system here in India?
Message 1 of 2

Re: Power adapter for RBK12

Netgear does not sell replacement power adapters in many countries. Any generic transformer will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions. (Look at the label on your device or the old adapter.)

The details you need should be on the old adapter, on a label on the device itself and in its manual.

You can find suitable adapters in all the usual places. Some will even list compatibility with different Netgear hardware.

Some generic adapters come with a set of tips that will fit a range of different devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7