Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems logging into xfinity site with Orbi and V2.3.5.26 firmware

ryoshioka
Aspirant

Problems logging into xfinity site with Orbi and V2.3.5.26 firmware

Anyone else running into problems logging into the xfinity site after the V2.3.5.26 firmware update?  When I click sign in on the xfinity website, it redirects to some https://oauth.xfinity.com/ site and sits there until it times out.  I tried this on both Safari and Chrome on the Mac.  I know the site isn't down because I can turn off wifi on my phone and log into the website with no problems.  All other sites seem okay but I just can't log in when the xfinity site redirects.  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Problems logging into xfinity site with Orbi and V2.3.5.26 firmware

Have you enabled Disney Circle or Armor on the Orbi?

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

There is a post on the Armor forum about this exact issue, but I did not see a resolution:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/2-3-1-44-update-preventing-connection-to-xfinity-acco... 

Message 3 of 8
ryoshioka
Aspirant

Yeah, I did have Circle turned on but I wasn't actively using it.  I just tried turning it off and tried logging into the xfinity site and it still timed out trying to redirect to the sign in page.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

@ryoshioka wrote:

Anyone else running into problems logging into the xfinity site after the V2.3.5.26 firmware update?  When I click sign in on the xfinity website, it redirects to some https://oauth.xfinity.com/ site and sits there until it times out.  I tried this on both Safari and Chrome on the Mac.  I know the site isn't down because I can turn off wifi on my phone and log into the website with no problems.  All other sites seem okay but I just can't log in when the xfinity site redirects.  

Message 5 of 8
ryoshioka
Aspirant

It's an Arris SB6183.  Yeah, I've read a few other threads about the factory reset and re-setup.  I guess I got to try that next.  

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to power OFF the modem for 30 seconds while the factory reset happens on the RBR. Then walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR. 

Message 7 of 8
ryoshioka
Aspirant

FYI for anyone curious, I finally got around to resetting the orbi and resetting it back up and now I'm able to log into the xfinity site with no problems.

It's nice to know that this fixes the problem but the setup is always quirky and a pain.  It would be nice if netgear could fix this so we wouldn't have to reset the modem and to make the setup more polished.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7