Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 50 admin login slow

blamman
Apprentice

RBK 50 admin login slow

Hi,

Yesterday I had a few devices fall off the wifi network.  A laptop, echo dot and wyze camera. The day before I did add a new lutron caseta light dimmer as I have 4 others of these.

I was not able to get my wyze camera nor echo to rejoin the network and the laptop I had to use a usb wifi adapter. 

Internet is working on all the other devices. 

The admin webpage for the router is so slow it is almost unusable. I have reset it and the modem numerous times.  I am running version V2.7.2.102. I have looked for duplicate ip addresses but I do not see any overlap. I am wondering if the router firmware is corrupt since the gui is almost unusable. The login prompt happens quite often and I keep plugging in the username and password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 50 admin login slow

Ok, I would not recommend using older config files on newer version of FW. However if it works for you, sure. I would make a new back up config to file for safe keeping after checking the system out for a couple of days. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try IE11, Edge or Firefox? 

Try a different wired PC or laptop. 

How did you update the RBR and RBS? 

Message 2 of 6
blamman
Apprentice

Thank you. I have tried numerous browsers and computers. My phone app will not work also. I upgraded months ago just through the auto update from the browser. 

Is the admin page dependent on internet as it does seem to be going up and down a bit.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try this, have same version of RBR FW file downloaded to one of your wired PCs already.

Disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem/ONT. 

Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. Use MS Edge or FF browser and walk thru the setup wizard. Manually set up the RBR. Once on the RBRs web page, navigate to the Advanced Tab/Adminstration/Firmware Update section. Select the manual tab here and Browse button and select the unpacked FW file for the RBR and re-load the FW file. 

After the FW file gets sent and the RBR begins to process the file, clear out all browser caches and log back in to the RBR. I would do one more factory reset on the RBR, connect the RBR to the ISP modem then walk thru the setup wizard. I would avoid enabling Armor. Just setup wifi SSID and then sync any RBS. 

Check the RBR web page for any slowness. 

Message 4 of 6
blamman
Apprentice

I followed your steps and seem to be doing better. I used an old config file I had also. Gui seems good and I was able to to add the devices that dropped and would not add back.

Thank you

I am going to watch it over the next few days.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I would not recommend using older config files on newer version of FW. However if it works for you, sure. I would make a new back up config to file for safe keeping after checking the system out for a couple of days. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7