Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK13 - not connecting to satellite next to device

routerks
Tutor

RBK13 - not connecting to satellite next to device

I installed my RBK13 last week and am seeing below two issues - 

- Is there any idle time setups for satellites as one of the satellite is disconnecting early in the morning 

-  May time when i am trying to connect the laptop/chromebook next to the satellite, but it is connecting to the router and signal is poor.  Can you suggest me any setups on the router that helps to select the nearest satellite instead of router.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Kiran

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK13 - not connecting to satellite next to device

@routerks wrote:

I installed my RBK13 last week and am seeing below two issues - 

- Is there any idle time setups for satellites as one of the satellite is disconnecting early in the morning 

-  Many time when i am trying to connect the laptop/chromebook next to the satellite, but it is connecting to the router and signal is poor.  Can you suggest me any setups on the router that helps to select the nearest satellite instead of router.

No, there is no setting for "idle time".  Once successfully connected, satellites are not supposed to disconnect from the router.  Can you explain how you learn that the satellite has disconnected and what you do to reconnect it?

Was the laptop connected to the router and then relocated (moved) to be next to the satellite? When my devices get connected to the "wrong thing", I usually go into the network settings, "Forget" the Orbi WiFi, then search for WiFi, select the Orbi, enter password, and connect.

Message 2 of 3
routerks
Tutor

Re: RBK13 - not connecting to satellite next to device

Hi,

I am able to see my satellite as disconnected by the white light in the satellite on in app is is showing as disconnected.  After this i am doing sync at router and the satellite than both are getting disconnected in 5-10 mins time.

Was the laptop connected to the router and then relocated (moved) to be next to the satellite? When my devices get connected to the "wrong thing", I usually go into the network settings, "Forget" the Orbi WiFi, then search for WiFi, select the Orbi, enter password, and connect.

Thanks for the above solution. I will try this 🙂 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7