Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK20 vs RBK33

mackitten
Tutor

RBK20 vs RBK33

Hello,

I finalyl settled on trying an Orbi for our 2,500+ some sqft home.

I ordered this Sunday night from B&H for which I thought was a good price. It has the RBR20 and one wall plug

It arrived today but I didnt open it yet

I see now on amazon the RBK33 which is the RBR40 and 2 wall plugs is on sale for only 25$ more then what I just paid for the RBK20

Is there any reason I should not return the RBK20 and grab the RBK33? (I do have to pay return shipping) but unless I am missing some there are mostly the same except size, and with th 30 I get additional LAN ports as well as an additional wall plug

Help!

Thanks in advance!

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System, RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System, RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Check the specs of each kits on the support site. I believe there about the same. 

Message 2 of 6
ekhalil
Master

The RBK20 consists of one Router (RBR20) and a Satellite (RBS20). The router has one internet port and 2 LAN ports. Satellite has 2 LAN ports.
The RBK33 consists of Router (RBR40) and 2 wall plugs (RBW30). Router has one internet port and 4 LAN ports. The wall plugs (Satellites) have no LAN ports, they are just wall plugs.
Message 3 of 6
mackitten
Tutor

Thanks

actually looks like the kit I got is called rbk20w and has one rbr20 and one wall satellite 

that arrived but but the difference in cost for the rbk33 is only $44 plus shopping the  rbk20w back

just wlndering if the  performance of the 20 vs 40 is any difference in signal ? I know I get another satelittle but will the 40 provide better performance 

I just trying to figure if it’s a better choice to spend them extra $$ for the rbk33

Message 4 of 6
mackitten
Tutor

Guess I sat on it too long rbk33 went up in price , serves me right

Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

I think that there should not be any big performance difference between RBR20 and RBR40. The difference should only be in number of LAN ports and consequently physical size.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7