Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK23-100NAS Buffering Issue

AarenRamon210
Aspirant

RBK23-100NAS Buffering Issue

Hello,

I have the RBK23-100NAS and the main router is located in my master bedroom closet. I placed one satellatie in my garage since I have a smart TV in there and use that TV often. The other satellite is on the other side of the house in one of my kids bedrooms.

I've noticed a buffering issue in the living room on my smart TV there when I access certain apps thourgh my Amazon firestick.

I cant seem to find a solution for it. Not sure how much it matters but that TV is located near the satellite in my kids bedroom.

Was hoping to get some advice on how to avoid the buffering issue in my living room?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK23-100NAS Buffering Issue

Does the system report that the connection between router and satellites is "good"?

How do you manage the Orbi?  (web interface or Orbi "app")

Message 2 of 4
AarenRamon210
Aspirant

I manage through the Orbi App on my iPhone. Majority of the time the connection is good.

I do not have the best internet provider since I live outside city limits (Country) so my options are very limited which is why I decided to give Orbi a shot hoping it would help and for the most part it has.

I recenly connected an thernet cable to my Firestick's direrectly from my Orbi satellite and I still seem to get some buffering on a few apps.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

With the Firestick connected to a satellite with ethernet, that leaves only two possibilities for problems: (1) the 5G backhaul link between the Orbi and router, and (2) the incoming internet feed.  If the app shows the satellite connection as "good" (Green, not amber/orange), then the problem is most likely that the ISP is not delivering enough data.

The way to test this hypothesis is to temporarily move a TV next to the router and connect the Firestick directly to the router with ethernet.  If this buffers, I think you are screwed.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7