Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System and adding a satellite (latest model)

Liamhereuk
Aspirant

RBK40 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System and adding a satellite (latest model)

had my system running 2 years no problems and moved to a bigger older house with 1.5 foot stone walls

as this model no longer is made what can i use for a 2nd satelilite/

will the newer models connect and work with my system?

2nd hand ones are hard to find here in the U.K

thanks for talking time to read my post

Liam

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK40 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System and adding a satellite (latest model)

Any RBS50, RBS50Y, RBW30 or RBS20 will do. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK40 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System and adding a satellite (latest model)

@Liamhereuk wrote:

had my system running 2 years no problems and moved to a bigger older house with 1.5 foot stone walls

as this model no longer is made what can i use for a 2nd satelilite/

will the newer models connect and work with my system?

2nd hand ones are hard to find here in the U.K

thanks for talking time to read my post

Liam

Ouch. that statement right there is the problem. Stone/brick/concrete block wifi to an amazing extent. Problem with wireless is that the broadcast power is set by governing boards and wireless routers are usually maxing them out. (decent one's anyway). 

I doubt you'd find much improvement moving to AX.

You're best bet is going to be looking into running ethernet wire and using a wired backhaul, using powerline (not all homes work well with powerline), or using moca adapters.  

Message 2 of 4
Liamhereuk
Aspirant

if i have a 3nd satellite it will work all over the house.... tested my moving 2nd into where the 3nd would go

just need the 3nd and not sure if the latest model will work with my orbi system

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any RBS50, RBS50Y, RBW30 or RBS20 will do. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7