Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 - No internet conneciton

J-L-B
Aspirant

RBK50 - No internet conneciton

I purchased an ORBI RBK50 and trying to connect it to the internet. RBK50 is used as a router and it connects to a modem (NCD).

I managed to connect to the ORBI router with the App and the App is assiting in setting up the ORBI system.

Im getting an error: Cannot establish an internet conneciton:

My ISP uses DHCP (not static IP or PPPoE). App asked me for previous router MAC which also didnt work.

I've reset both ORBI and NCD to start from scratch but no luck.

Plus I cannot get into the ORBI settings via the APP or GUI to see what the settings are in case I need to change anything because it looks like the ORBI wants an internet connection first.

Any helpers?

Regards. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 15
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK50 - No internet conneciton

What modem are you connected to? Kind of key as double nats can cause the same/similar issue. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to power OFF the isp modem for 1 minute as well with the RBR. Power ON the modem and let it sync then power ON the RBR. Check status on the RBRs web page or walk thru the setup wizard. 

Message 3 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

firmware

Message 4 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

firmware?

Message 5 of 15
J-L-B
Aspirant

Not sure how to check or update the firmware because I cannot see the ORBI settings on the gui or App.

Can firmware be updated without gui or App?
Message 6 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@J-L-B wrote:
Not sure how to check or update the firmware because I cannot see the ORBI settings on the gui or App.

Can firmware be updated without gui or App?

Do you have a pc ?    Better to login there

Message 7 of 15
J-L-B
Aspirant

Yes have a laptop.

Do I connect to the ORBI via 192.168.1.1 when laptop is connected vi WIFI? If yes, I tried that and ORBI still tries to establish an internet connection forst without giving me any of the setting options on the ORBI.
Message 8 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok.  Have you told us what type of modem you have?

Message 9 of 15
J-L-B
Aspirant

Netcomm FTTC device model NDD-0300
Message 10 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not familiar.    Does it WiFi capability built in?

Message 11 of 15
J-L-B
Aspirant

Might be firmware related.

Current version is 2.2 and available 2.5.
Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you power OFF your ISP modem/ONT for 1 minute then back ON and let it synce, then factory reset the RBR by pressing the back reset button for 15 seconds then have a wired PC connected to the RBR, walk thru the setup wizard at orbilogin.com in a web browser? 

@J-L-B wrote:
Might be firmware related.

Current version is 2.2 and available 2.5.

Message 13 of 15
TUSON1
Aspirant

Hi

when i purchased this Orbi RBK50 i was told i dont need a modem. is this correct. i have been using a Nighthawk upto now which had a built in modem.

thans

@J-L-B wrote:

I purchased an ORBI RBK50 and trying to connect it to the internet. RBK50 is used as a router and it connects to a modem (NCD).

I managed to connect to the ORBI router with the App and the App is assiting in setting up the ORBI system.

Im getting an error: Cannot establish an internet conneciton:

My ISP uses DHCP (not static IP or PPPoE). App asked me for previous router MAC which also didnt work.

I've reset both ORBI and NCD to start from scratch but no luck.

Plus I cannot get into the ORBI settings via the APP or GUI to see what the settings are in case I need to change anything because it looks like the ORBI wants an internet connection first.

Any helpers?

Regards. 

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

You can use the Orbi system with out a modem if you just want internal LAN side operations. However if you wanting internet services, a modem or ONT IS required for the Orbi system to work in that capacity. 

@TUSON1 wrote:

Hi

when i purchased this Orbi RBK50 i was told i dont need a modem. is this correct. i have been using a Nighthawk upto now which had a built in modem.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7