Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Slow Wifi download speed - fast smart phone and orbi app

whitjock1
Follower

RBK50 Slow Wifi download speed - fast smart phone and orbi app

Lately, I have been getting the following message "Trying to re-connect message" my since I am paying for 200mbps internet service my first call was to my ISP. With my Dell XPS plugged wired directly into the modem via CAT6 ethernet cable my download speed was 207.9 and upload 11.8.

Unplugged using WIFI from my Orbi my top speed test is 49.8 download and 11.8 upload. Ran a speed test from the Orbi app and the speed was 235.0 download and 12.0 upload. My Samsung 10S+ 197.8 download and 11.7 upload. I have checked my firmware for updates and came back with no updates, firmware Version v2.7.3.22, running Windows 10 on my PC. The router sits 10 feet from my PC and the satilite is on the first floor. 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK50 Slow Wifi download speed - fast smart phone and orbi app

@whitjock1 wrote:

Lately, I have been getting the following message "Trying to re-connect message" my since I am paying for 200mbps internet service my first call was to my ISP. With my Dell XPS plugged wired directly into the modem via CAT6 ethernet cable my download speed was 207.9 and upload 11.8.

Unplugged using WIFI from my Orbi my top speed test is 49.8 download and 11.8 upload. Ran a speed test from the Orbi app and the speed was 235.0 download and 12.0 upload. My Samsung 10S+ 197.8 download and 11.7 upload. I have checked my firmware for updates and came back with no updates, firmware Version v2.7.3.22, running Windows 10 on my PC. The router sits 10 feet from my PC and the satilite is on the first floor. 

The Orbi 'app' reports the results of a SpeedTest run on the Orbi which is plugged into the ISP modem. (The app does not run a speedtest across WiFi itself.  It only reports what the router gets.)  So, the Orbi router is reporting the 200mb that the ISP has guaranteed. The Samsung is likewise reporting about the same. Something is wrong with the Windows 10 PC WiFi.  Either:

• The PC WiFi does not support higher speed, or
  • The PC WiFi has connected to the satellite instead of the router, and probably at 2.4G

Can you please check the Orbi "Attached Devices" to see what it reports for the PC? and what the PC reports for the WiFi connection?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7