Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 and Epson WP‑4535 scanner problems

SazzaF
Aspirant

RBK50 and Epson WP‑4535 scanner problems

New Orbi RBK50 system has arrived and all set up.  It's working very nicely and the speed is astonishing!

I've added the two wireless printers and printing works fine, but one of them, the Epson WP‑4535 scanner doesn't work now.  I've updated all the drivers and it makes no difference.  It did take a while to get the Epson to connect and I wonder if part of the problem was that there were two versions of the router name in the list of networks the printer found.

We've had this issue with this printer before the Orbi, and our network guy adjusted something to make it do a static IP address instead of the dynamic one (I'm not techie myself but I slightly get what that means)

Also, I wondered if it's because the printer isn't 5ghz compatible (except why would it connect for printing?) 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBK50 and Epson WP‑4535 scanner problems

Hello sazzaf

Did you try connecting it to the other SSID that it can see?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Different printer, but I tried both with no different results.

I think it presents every AP seen (including dups) in setup then only uses the SSID. Basically a failure to de-dupe their setup tool drop down.
Message 3 of 9
SazzaF
Aspirant

Hi 

Thanks for the reply - yes I did.  Same problem.

Very odd.

Message 4 of 9
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

In my case upgrading the Orbi to v1.12.0.18 and upgrading the printer firmware resolved the issue.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 9

Pls try to change 2.4G channel to below 22, some of printer doesn't support channel 13
Message 6 of 9

Typo error, chanbel chabge to below 11
Message 7 of 9
SazzaF
Aspirant

Hmm... The orbi is already on that version and the printer is up to date???

Message 8 of 9
SazzaF
Aspirant

But why would that make a difference to scanning?  As I said, the printer works fine for printing from lap top to printer, it's only scanning that's the problem

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7