Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 connected to Internet but pages won’t connect to server and load

Rebecca1800
Aspirant

RBK50 connected to Internet but pages won’t connect to server and load

I can connect to the internet through the admin page on my iPad. Test connection speed and everything works. I call Netgear for my $300 8 month old RBK50 which I had several issues with when I purchased it and now they want more money to help me.
I have unplugged both modem and router multiple times.

I do not want to factory reset as when I purchased it we had to change a bunch of settings to get it to work and I will loose all of those if I reset as it didn’t work out of the box.

So I have Internet through the app and admin page and can test it. All the device IP addresses are still correct. It shows a WiFI signal but will not actually connect to the internet to show anything. Just Safari can not connect to the server.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBK50 connected to Internet but pages won’t connect to server and load

More information would be helpful:

Who is your ISP?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Are your satellites wired or wireless?
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the Orbi router install?
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?

You can perform a backup of your settings before factory reset.

Try rebooting the system first.

Also if your Orbi is working and you are not getting internet, I would check your ISP router to make sure you can get internet acces there. You may also have to reboot the Internet modem/router as well.

Message 2 of 12
Rebecca1800
Aspirant

Thank you. My ISP is Haefele Connect. Everything was working until 8:30 this morning.

Arris CM3200 modem
RBK50 is connected by wire to the modem

Yes, rebooted my modem then rebooted the RBK50.

It’s very strange as the Orbi app will do a speed test successfully but the internet says offline.

I don’t have a computer, just mobile devices.
Message 3 of 12
Rebecca1800
Aspirant

Called my ISP, nothing wrong on their end.
Message 4 of 12
Mstrbig
Master

Hold the reset button in on the CM8200 modem and let it reset. When all the lights are back to normal (about 2 minutes), reboot the mobile device, forget the network on the mobile device and re login to the Wireless.

Message 5 of 12
Rebecca1800
Aspirant

It seems my iPad will collect mail but I can’t go anywhere on the internet or use apps. It’s very confusing
Message 6 of 12
Mstrbig
Master

@Rebecca1800 wrote:
It seems my iPad will collect mail but I can’t go anywhere on the internet or use apps. It’s very confusing

Have you tried what I suggested. 

Message 7 of 12
Rebecca1800
Aspirant

It finally started working about 12:30pm yesterday after one the phone and working for 4 hours. All we did on the phone was complete the set up wizard (which I had done 5 times myself before) and of course it worked. Back to the same problem this morning. My daughter reports she can get online on YouTube from the Xbox. So annoying. I am going to try your suggestion now.
Message 8 of 12
Rebecca1800
Aspirant

Rebooted the Orbi from the admin page today and it worked. I’ll report about tomorrow 🙄
Message 9 of 12
Rebecca1800
Aspirant

Just kidding. It doesn’t work and I rebooted it twice. It works for my kids on the Xbox so I’m thinking it’s an address problem or something specifically with my Apple products when it does something overnight. Ugh.
Message 10 of 12
Mstrbig
Master

@Rebecca1800 wrote:
Just kidding. It doesn’t work and I rebooted it twice. It works for my kids on the Xbox so I’m thinking it’s an address problem or something specifically with my Apple products when it does something overnight. Ugh.

Did you also reset the CM8200 modem and let it reset?

There have been numerous complaints about Apple products having connection issues. One poster used a 3rd party USB WIFI adapter and was able to get WIFI with that device, but not the built-in WIFI. My Son and Daughter-In-Law come to my home with their Apple Iphone, (both same newer model), and mentions I have terrible WIFI speeds. We compare speed tests, using the same testing site, from the same distance, and compare. Their tests show 220Mbps, mine shows 450+Mbps. I'm mentioning these as this may be the issue.

Logically speaking, if one device connects to the WIFI and the other doesn't, it points to the device and not the Orbi router or satellite.

Message 11 of 12
mrfranc
Apprentice

Hi!

What is the version number on your ORBI?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7