Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 - does the satellite have different password than the router?

ChuckieCheese
Luminary

RBK50 - does the satellite have different password than the router?

I have the RBK50 for a long time and have changed the router password during the initial setup. I also set firmware update to "Auto".

Today, after logging-in to the router (say 192.168.0.1), I noticed that the firmware update for the satellite "failed", but OK for the router. I tried to do manual update for the satellite and a new browser windows opened up with separate IP (192.168.0.2) and asked for another username and password.

The router's username and password did NOT work for the satellite. I don't recall ever logging in to the satellite directly by going to 192.168.0.2. 

Is the username and password different than the router? I tried the defaul password ("password") and it didn't work.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: RBK50 - does the satellite have different password than the router?

The satellite password is the same as the router. Try again.  If it still doesn't work, you could try to reset the satellite and add it again from the router.

Message 2 of 3
gjs28
Tutor

Re: RBK50 - does the satellite have different password than the router?

This worked for me. I reset the satellites (holding the reset pin while power is connected), added them back to the network, and the passwords now match, so I was able to manually upgrade the FW.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7