Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 satellite "no internet" status

BillYoung
Luminary

RBK50 satellite "no internet" status

to anyone who can assist:

When I check for firmware updates on my router and satellite, the satellite reports "No Internet".  What is it telling me?

The only known change is the position of the satellite.  Rather than sitting on top of the stand it is on, my wife moved it to the lower shelf of the stand.  I wouldn't think that would make a differrence, but you never know.

I can't see the top of the satellite now to know whether or not the ring is lit or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BillYoung

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBK50 satellite "no internet" status

Hello BillTYoung

I have had this issue as well I went and just power reset the units and may need to resync them. After that it allowed me to upgrade the firmware on the satellites.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are devices connected to the unit still getting internet from the satellite?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

DarrenM:

Yes, devices that are connected to the satellite still get internet access despite this issue.

I put a tablet I have right next to the satellite, connected it to the network (the first time it has connected to this network), verified that it was connected to the satellite, then accessed the internet on it.  I went to a page that is updated daily just to make sure that it picked up the latest one from the internet.

BillYoung

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You can try to resync the unit see if that will get that message to go away.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

DarrenM:

I re-synced the satellite.  The satellite ring (which I can see now) flashed white for about 1 hour and 40 minutes (not sure how long exactly - I didn't check it all that often).  Once it went out, I tried it again.  No change in behavior.  Still getting the "No internet" message when checking for new firmware.

BillYoung

Message 5 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

DarrenM:

I manually upgraded the router to 2.1.1.12.  It worked without any issue.

I tried to manually upgrade the satellite to 2.1.1.12.  It failed.  I tried it on two machines.  The first machine is hardwired to the router.  It failed when I tried to login to the satellite as admin.  It refused to take my password.  I tried changing the admin password, to no avail.  The second machine is wirelessly connected to the router.  It took the admin password correctly.  And it looks like the update works.  But when I check the status of the satellite, it still shows as being at 2.0.0.74.

So I believe this issue is preventing me from upgrading the firmware.  Now what?!?!

Message 6 of 9
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When you manually update, always do the satellites and make sure they are complete before the router.

You should still be able to connect to your satellites via your satellite IP http://192.168.1.xxx/fwUpdate.htm - just go directly to the firmware update page.

Message 7 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

aaz:

I tried that as well to no avail.  The satellite just won't update due to the issue with the satellite I am having.

Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BillTYoung

I have had this issue as well I went and just power reset the units and may need to resync them. After that it allowed me to upgrade the firmware on the satellites.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7