Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK53 Security BSSID, DHCP, issues. It sets off Norton, Speed issues too.

Tindude
Follower

RBK53 Security BSSID, DHCP, issues. It sets off Norton, Speed issues too.

Orbi RBK53 

Firmware: V2.1.1.16

When I connect via Wifi to the Orbi network I get several security errors: 

1) Warning DHCP Configuration changed. 

2) DHCP Attack

3) Unknown of Fake BSSID  - This one is caused (I think) by the Gateway and DNS 1 and DNS2 configurations changing. Which I do not understand why they change or really even what they are to be honest. But it could also be because the SSID is changing. 

4) Unknown BSSID - caused because your DHCP has been changed. 

Now I realise some of these overlap. I would like to mention that I have two other networks in my house and neither network has ever set off a single error or alert. I called tech support and the lady I spoke to couldn't tell me what any of these errors were caused from. She literally told me, "Sir, are you able to connect to the Orbi?" to Which I answered Yes. "Is the connection good?" to Which I answered Yes (generally it is). She then said, "Please disable all of your anti virus software and you will no longer get the error messages". She then further requested I remove them completely. 

Can anyone out there please tell me what is causing these in the first place? I am not a tech guy... I have enough knowledge to know there is an issue. I know enough to know that what she suggested I do to fix the message puts me at risk as I travel alot and having NO protection so the error message goes away is probably a horrible Idea. 

Norton sets off the alerts, as does ARP Guard (Wi-Fi Security). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated... 

The other issue I am having is when I try a download speed test sometimes the speed is fantastic 220 down (I have 200 service). And other times its 20mb down. Its completely inconsistant. Where as my other networks are basically the same all the time. Anyone have any ideas on this issue as well? 

Thank you! 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
wheeler21
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Just started happening today. I have no idea why.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

@Tindude What do you mean when you say you have two other networks in your house?  That could be the source of your issues.

More details are needed to try to help you.  Please describe these other networks, how/why you created them, whether they are wireless or wired networks, what routers, modems, or APs you have, and how things are wired together.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7