Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 Software Update

Billy1956
Follower

RBK53 Software Update

My Iphone and Ipad keep wanting me to update to 2.7.0.70. The web interface says that no updates availabe.. Support says 2.7.1.60 for Router and 2.7.0.70 for Sattelites. I am currently on 2.5.2.4. I'm confused. I want to make sure I have the security fixes but I do not use Armor or Parental Controls. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: RBK53 Software Update

@Billy1956 wrote:

My Iphone and Ipad keep wanting me to update to 2.7.0.70. The web interface says that no updates availabe.. Support says 2.7.1.60 for Router and 2.7.0.70 for Sattelites. I am currently on 2.5.2.4. I'm confused. I want to make sure I have the security fixes but I do not use Armor or Parental Controls. 

Forget the app

if you must update go with the pc login but stand by for  possible headaches 

if your network is working with no problems then the question becomes why update?  Keep in mind netgear pushes security updates when you need them

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

v40 is next version after v4 that you have loaded. 

Any v2.7.x versions that you see are for US region users only. 

v102 of the v2.7 line is most current and is avaialble for those in the US region who wish to update. Users can manually update directly to it:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-102/m-p/2034115/high...

Using these proceedures:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...
https://kb.netgear.com/000037217/How-do-I-check-and-manually-upgrade-the-firmware-on-my-Orbi-satelli...

Update the RBS first then RBR lastly. 

Good Luck. 

@Billy1956 wrote:

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

@vajim wrote:

@Billy1956 wrote:

Forget the app

if you must update go with the pc login but stand by for  possible headaches 

if your network is working with no problems then the question becomes why update?  Keep in mind netgear pushes security updates when you need them

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7