Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 and Tapo Camera

Matteo87
Follower

RBK53 and Tapo Camera

Good Morning, 

I'm trying to connect a Tp-link Tapo Camera C200 to my new Netgear RBK53 Mesh wifi network, but there is no way to complete the link. It seems that the camera is not able to read the network.

Before it was directly connected to the wifi network provided by the ISP router and worked correctly. 
Do you have any idea/advice ?

Thanks in advance

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK53 and Tapo Camera

That camera is a 2.4ghz camera. Some setups have issues when the phone is on 5ghz and the camera is only 2.4ghz. 

Tends to be a sign of poor coding on the app setup. 

Try using a device on 2.4ghz for setup. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK53 and Tapo Camera

@Matteo87 wrote:

Good Morning, 

I'm trying to connect a Tp-link Tapo Camera C200 to my new Netgear RBK53 Mesh wifi network, but there is no way to complete the link. It seems that the camera is not able to read the network.

Before it was directly connected to the wifi network provided by the ISP router and worked correctly. 

Has the camera been "reset"?  At which point in the setup does something go wrong?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Tapo-Wireless-Security-C200/dp/B0829KDY9X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3J584THTX1D... 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7