× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Connection Issues

A_correa4
Aspirant

RBR40 Connection Issues

I've been having issues with my Orbi RBR40 Units with 2 satellites since I've bought them in Dec. It was purchased brand new from Best Buy, and after installation everything ran smoothly. Maybe a few days later, I noticed the signal dropping off every 24hours or so. The satellite locations are no less that 500 ft away. I constantly have to restart Orbi hub and it get it working fine again. Until another 24-48hrs where the same issue occurs. What can I do? The satellites flash orange or pink

Screenshot_20180728-081906_Orbi.jpg

Message 1 of 5
A_correa4
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 Connection Issues

All setting were left at default. I already reformatted units back to original and keep them thinking it would solve the issue. But it did not

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Message 3 of 5
A_correa4
Aspirant

I use Comcast and get 160mbs. My modem is a Netgear CM1000 docsis 3.1
I have a small 2 bedroom home no more than 1000 square ft. I have one satellite in the garage and one in the front room of the house.
Its default settings, so I'm assuming channel is auto. I can try to switch it and see if that works.
Thanks for help.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

For a 1000sqft home, you have the base and two satellites running? You should only need the base router and maybe the one satellite out in the garage at 30feet in between minimum.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7