Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Orbi AC2200

cagiii33
Aspirant

RBR40 Orbi AC2200

My area had a power surge and our internet provider had to replace some equipment in our building.  Since the restart of our building's internet service, I'm only getting intermittent internet connectivity from my RBR40 ORBI 2200 router. What should I do to refresh my router's connection with our internet service?  Thanks cagiii33

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR40 Orbi AC2200

"intermittent" issues are difficult to resolve.  It  would help to have more information.

• Does the Orbi router report that has an internet connection, devices connected to the Orbi have internet access, and then some time later things drop off?
  • Does service get restored automatically?  (after how long?)
  • Or, is the only way to get things working again to power off the router and start it up again?

Message 2 of 3
cagiii33
Aspirant

Re: RBR40 Orbi AC2200

Thanks for your replay.  My internet connection is like static going through an electrical wire.  It comes and goes on a regular basis. one moment it's working an the next moment there's no connection, then it comes back again. 

I think it's likely static build-up, but I'm not sure whether I should be pulling out the router's plug and then reconnecting, pulling out the internet connection from the wall and then reconnecting or simply rebooting my router from my Orbi app?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks, cagiii33

PS In addition to the router base unit, I have 2 satellites.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7