× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Intermittent device connection issues

jaybeedee
Follower

RBR50 Intermittent device connection issues

Generally, my Wifi system operates fine with devices such as my phone, pad and computer.  The issue arises where I have IoT devices that connect to the network, which must be managed by my phone which is also connected to the network.  Two examples are my Nest thermostat and a music server device (Cambridge Audio MXN 10).  Simply put - sometimes my phone will show that the device is connected, and sometimes not.  

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Intermittent device connection issues

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router 📡 and satellite(s)🛰️? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR 📡 and RBS 🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@jaybeedee wrote:

Simply put - sometimes my phone will show that the device is connected, and sometimes not.  

Which app on the phone shows that devices are not connected?

Is it the IoT device app?  Or, is it the Orbi 'app'?

Message 3 of 4
Whelan3664
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router 📡 and satellite(s)🛰️? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR 📡 and RBS 🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

I always prefer to read quality content and this thing I found in your post. I am thankful for you for this post.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series