Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.0.0.74 upgrade process

nickflix
Follower

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.0.0.74 upgrade process

System: 1 Orbi Router (RBR50) and 1 Orbi Satellite (RBS50)

I recently upgraded the firmware version on my Orbi router and satellite and I found the documentation incorrect when upgrading the manual way. I followed this document: https://kb.netgear.com/000048467/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-0-0-74

Upgrading the satellite went successfully but when I attempted to upgrade the router manually I found the document incorrect.

For instance, it states to check the satellite version first then proceed with the router upgrade. Specifically, on step 9. *updating the Orbi router firmware*.

On 9.b, when I click on the 'manual' update it only lists the satellite and not the router. I logged out of the unit and even rebooted the satellite (currently connected to), and when I go back into the manual update tab it still only lists the satellite and not the router.

I was able to upgrade the router successfully by going through the online firmware update tab and choosing 'Update all'.

Thought I'd share my experience for anyone that's run into this issue.

Message 1 of 2
MarkC1024
Luminary

Re: RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.0.0.74 upgrade process

Where that page shows the satellites, with the upload link to the right, it's only going to show the satellites - intentionally.  The Upload button above that one, with the Browse option to the left, is used for updating the Router.  You're by default already connected to the router and don't need to make a choice as you do with the satellites.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7