Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Satellite Dropped Connection and will no longer connect to the router

jdewitt2024
Aspirant

RBR50 Satellite Dropped Connection and will no longer connect to the router

I have used my Orbi RBR50 pain free for years. Just today  the satellite disconnected from  the router and it will no longer connect. I've tried hard resets, moving it near the router, and the synch process (reboot router, synch on router, when blinking synch on satellite). The satellite just blinks white and does not connect to the router. Any other suggestions? 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Satellite Dropped Connection and will no longer connect to the router

What FW versions are loaded on the RBR and RBS? 

Did you reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch? 

Did you use the RBRs Add Satellite wizard to see if it will re-add it? 

Possible the RBS maybe going bad. 

Message 2 of 5
jdewitt2024
Aspirant

Version: V2.7.4.24 for the router, The RBS will not even appear in the admin

I have used  the set up wizard several times, no luck. I have also reset the RBS. The whole reset I need to plan when family not using it for work or school. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the RBS ethernet connected to the back of the RBR and see if it gets an IP address and appears on the RBRs web page...

Message 4 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @jdewitt2024 ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that your satellite is no longer connected to your RBR50. This may occur when the satellite firmware is different than the firmware of the router. Please install the most recent firmware version 2.7.5.4 on both the router and satellite. 

Please try the following steps to establish a connection to your Orbi RBS50 satellite:

• Connect an ethernet port directly to the first port on the back of the RBS50. 
  • Then navigate to the following IP address 192.168.1.250.

Once a connection has been established please update your satellite then update your router. 

For step-by-step instructions on how to manually update your RBK50 please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Please navigate to the link below for the download file for your RBR50: 
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#download

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements