Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 WPA2-Personal won’t save

AppleCh
Aspirant

RBR50 WPA2-Personal won’t save

I just set up an old Orbi rbr50 and when I try to save he security to WPA2-personal, it always reverts back to WPA2/WPA2-Personal.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 WPA2-Personal won’t save

My RBR50 Orbi offers these choices for WiFi security:

CrimpOn_0-1698121596875.png

I see no mention of "personal".  Can you please post a screen capture showing that?

My RBR50 is on firmware v2.7.5.4

Message 2 of 6
AppleCh
Aspirant

My firmware is v2.7.4.24 and there are supposedly no upgrades for it.  My iOS devices indicate that the WPA/WPA2-Personal is weak security option.  So I keep trying to select WPA2-Personal. 

Andy my security screen looks different than yours.  You have Wireless Settings where mine is WiFi Settings.  It is Security Method and has three options:

1) None

2) WPA2-Personal

3) WPA/WPA2-Personal

AppleCh_0-1698187607488.png

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Guess that changed with version v2.7.5.4

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to use a PC or laptop and a web browser to change to WPA2 Personal. 

@AppleCh wrote:

My firmware is v2.7.4.24 and there are supposedly no upgrades for it.  My iOS devices indicate that the WPA/WPA2-Personal is weak security option.  So I keep trying to select WPA2-Personal. 

Andy my security screen looks different than yours.  You have Wireless Settings where mine is WiFi Settings.  It is Security Method and has three options:

1) None

2) WPA2-Personal

3) WPA/WPA2-Personal

AppleCh_0-1698187607488.png

Message 5 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @AppleCh ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

The behavior from your RBR50 may be linked to your router being out of date. Please update your router to the latest firmware version which is 2.7.5.4. Please navigate to the links below to update your RBR50 to the latest firmware.

Navigate to the link below for the download file for your RBR50 (Ensure to update your satellites first): 
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#download

For step-by-step instructions on how to manually update your RBK50 please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7