Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 - Wired connections issues on router

gfmcl
Aspirant

RBR50 - Wired connections issues on router

Greetings-

My RBR50 Router's wired connections have become quite unstable, to the point of not working. I have a couple of switches installed, and it seems by eliminating them, a direct wired connection works, off the router, but plugging the switch into the router, the connection disconnects. 

Any ideas for further troubleshooting ?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 - Wired connections issues on router

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Are the RBS connected to the switch or are they wirelessly connected to the RBR?

If the problem resolves by removing of the switches, possible these switches or cabling is the cause. 

Message 2 of 4
gfmcl
Aspirant

Firmware v2.7.4.24

It's an Xfinity cable modem, not sure the model number. Internet connectivity is not an issue.

The hub/switches are older, both Netgear. Not sure the exact.

This setup has been working without issue for 2 plus years, just started happening yesterday.

I think my next step is to try a new switch, but it's curious that both are having issues.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Would need model numbers to help on this. 

Well nothing lasts for ever. I had a Gb switch I got back in mid 2000's it finally died back on 2019. 

IF the issue is resolved with out the switches, I presume one of the switches is failing. 

NG GS-105/108v4 and GS308v3, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7