Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 gets stuck every day

joanba
Initiate

RBR50 gets stuck every day

Hi,

I've installed an Orbi RBR50 router with two satellites RBS50 at home. Firmware is current, V2.7.2.104. It has been working normally few months since I installed the kit last summer, but since two weeks it hangs everyday. I work from home, and now the first task I should do is to reboot the router. Router is directly connected to my internet provider (PPoE) and when seems to be stuck I can ping ip addresses in internet, DNS resolution seems to work, but no way to have any connection from browsers or other applications like VPN clients. So no connectivity. I fix the issue with a daily reboot of the router but I think this is not normal. Router is not accessible with orbilogin.com URL but it's accessible with LAN ip address (static).

Logs seem to be not helpful. They show lots of DoS attacks, RST scans, but I think this is not the root cause. I would like to know how can I have some diagnostics about what's ocurring. In router status everything is always green.

I'm discarding any issue with satellites as I'm always testing directly connected to router.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Joan Altadill

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Jonnym
Star

Have you seen this thread, and the solution proffered by CrimpOn? I haven't tested yet but at least it's a way forward: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Really-strange-connectivity-problem/m-p/2078027#M118189

Message 2 of 5
esteg
Guide

Try desactivating TM (Traffic Management)

Regards

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 5
Jonnym
Star

Quick update: fix (disabling traffic management) appears to be working. I'll post again if it fails.

Really appreciate the help on this - was driving me crazy!

Message 4 of 5
joanba
Initiate

I disabled traffic meter yesterday and today I'm working normally without reboot. Troubleshoting section on user guide recommends it for this symptom. Also found the way for debugging with https://orbilogin.net/debug.htm page ( same admin credential ).

Regards,

Joan

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7