Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 - rebooting daily after internet via wifi drops

AO31
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 - rebooting daily after internet via wifi drops

Possible fix* I have tested most of the proposed solutions on this page but have not had much luck. One fix may get the network stable for 10-15 hours, but the issue always seems to come back.

I have had the same issue since Sunday night April 11th. My gut tells me it is a firmware issue but I am not an expert.

I have an RBK50V2, one router RBR50V2 and one satellite RBS50V2. Spectrum internet 400mbps down, 25 up. and things have been working great for roughly 5-6months. Suddenly on the 11th the network started crashing at night. There wasn't full consistency on the timing but it seemed like every night between 11pm-8am the network would grind to a hault. Wired devices could still function on a limp but all wireless connections would grind to a hault. Devices stayed connected, but no traffic. 

As mentioned above, I have been on countless forums and attempted multiple fixes to include rolling the firmware back one version at a time in hopes of finding stability. No luck. 

Today I happen to notice: 

When you go to the Netgear Support page for my model (RBK50v2) it shows you the current firmware for both the router (RBR50v2) and the satellite (RBS50v2). This page says the current firmware version for both devices is 2.7.2.104

However, if I go to the Netgear Support page dedicated to each device individually (there is a page for the router and then another for the satellite) I notice that the satellite has a different current version listed. The individual page for the router shows the same firmware as the joint page (2.7.2.104) but the individual page for the satellite shows the current version as 2.7.1.60

So, I kept the router at 2.7.2.104 but changed the satellite to 2.7.1.60 and the results seem much more stable. We’ll see if it stays that way, fingers crossed.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 51 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 - rebooting daily after internet via wifi drops

Have not had any major issues with either system though other have some issues with DNS which isn't a problem when in AP mode. 

For the AX system, you'll be limited by what your devices support. Any wifi device with a 2x2 antenna configuration can't take advantage of the higher speed rates and performance on AX. 

If you don't really have any devices that support AX then you could save money or hold off. Or keep the AX system and future proof your home. 

@Bart1968 wrote:
Thanks

Any thoughts on:
- And looking for advice, will I see material benefit from the RBR850 with 2 satellites over the RBR50 with 2 satellites? Or should I save the $1000

Message 52 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 51 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7