Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 in AP mode started resetting WiFi every 10 seconds

tobiasjs
Guide

RBR750 in AP mode started resetting WiFi every 10 seconds

Starting this morning, my RBR750 has been dropping WiFi connections every 10s.

I factory reset it and everything was fine until I put it back into AP mode, at which point the same thing started happening. I'm wondering whether there's a bug in AP mode that was introduced in a firmware update, given that I think the version I'm on was released mid July, and it might have taken a while to update, but I can't be sure when the firmware version was released, and when my router updated (release dates in firmware versions are kind of useful...)

I captured a debug log, but nothing stands out as an error in dmesg.log, although there's a lot of wlan activity. I've attached the log (as a PDF. *sigh*) in case it's helpful.

I rely on AP mode as the Orbi is downstream of a Firewalla Gold, so the workaround of switching back to Router mode is not really an acceptable solution.

As a sidenote, what I would really like is to be able to have the Orbi work in bridge mode, and assign different VLAN tags to the main and guest networks so that I can partition them with the Firewalla. It doesn't seem like bridge mode allows me to do that? If I turn on bridge mode I can't assign SSIDs to anything other than the 'Internet' VLAN, which seems to still get IP addresses from the Orbi.

Basic Information
Firmware Version: V4.6.3.7_2.0.49

armor-bd: 2.2.95

seal: v2.0.24-0

seal_services: v2.0.23-0

spc-circle: 3.17.1.5

CPU Load: 53.69%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 340 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 00:40:56

Server Information
Router Analytics: PROD

CHP Cloud: PROD

XCloud: PROD

BD Cloud:

Circle Cloud: N/A

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 in AP mode started resetting WiFi every 10 seconds

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
tobiasjs
Guide

Thanks for the solution. I've reposted this there.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7