Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

scanlont
Aspirant

RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

My Orbi RBR850 will turn on blocking services for my son's xbox at the time scheduled to block services every night at 10:00.  But it will keep blocking them in perpetuity and not unblock them at the scheduled time at 7 am every morning.  It's driving me nuts and I can't find an answer.

The timestamp isn't the issue.  I've also been through a few firmware updates and those don't fix the problem.  I've reset to factory settings and reset the router a few times.  It seems like a fatal flaw to have such an advanced system make it so difficult to try and shut down services so the kids aren't up all night gaming and also to have the relegated non-intuitive process also not work.  

My old cheap netgear did this just fine, but for some reason couldn't handle my wife's MS Team meetings. 

Has anyone else hit this situation and found a fix.  

Firmware Version
V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

@scanlont wrote:

My Orbi RBR850 will turn on blocking services for my son's xbox at the time scheduled to block services every night at 10:00.  But it will keep blocking them in perpetuity and not unblock them at the scheduled time at 7 am every morning.  It's driving me nuts and I can't find an answer

It's probably worth mentioning that Netgear set up a separate community forum for the "AX" WiFi products.  If the question is posted there, people who actually own the AX products will be more likely to have experience with this situation:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

That said, I notice that the "Schedule defaults to Start 0:00 and End 24:00 (before the user inputs times).

Can you try this experiment:  Set the Start time to something reasonable, such as 22:00 (10pm) and set the End time to 23:55 (11:45 at night).  Yes, I understand that this does not accomplish the desired result.  I wonder, however, if there is a logic flaw in Netgear's implementation which is not as smart as the "dumbest" smart plug that I own.

There may very well be a good reason that Netgear partnered with Disney Circle to provide "Parental Controls" (and later apparently "rolled their own" Parental Controls).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7