× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850, unable to sync satellites

sbernardnc
Tutor

RBR850, unable to sync satellites

I have an RBR850 system with 2 satellites. Firmware Version: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14,

Router is connected by ethernet to main computer.  Previously both satellites were detected and synced.   I have not changed any default settings except to rename the system using the old SSID and password which was done when purchased 9 mos ago. 

This summer, I turned off the system twice while away and once while changing out the backup battery. 

When  I plug in each satellite, the blue light appears for 3-4 minutes and they are detected on the orbilogin site.  I am unable to sync them and they dont show up on the orbi mobile app.  I have powered down entire system incl modem x 3, booted the router x4, reset and powered up x 2, added the satellites x 6.   I have turned off the firewall once without any effect.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850, unable to sync satellites

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR850, unable to sync satellites

@sbernardnc wrote:

I have an RBR850 system with 2 satellites. Firmware Version: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14,

Router is connected by ethernet to main computer. Previously both satellites were detected and synced.   I have not changed any default settings except to rename the system using the old SSID and password which was done when purchased 9 mos ago. 

This summer, I turned off the system twice while away and once while changing out the backup battery

When  I plug in each satellite, the blue light appears for 3-4 minutes and they are detected on the orbilogin site.  I am unable to sync them and they dont show up on the orbi mobile app.  I have powered down entire system incl modem x 3, booted the router x4, reset and powered up x 2, added the satellites x 6.   I have turned off the firewall once without any effect.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

How do these satellites appear on the Orbi Attached Devices page? (as Satellites or..... something else?)

Once a satellite has been sync'd to the router, it does not have to go through that process again, even if it has been powered off.

I assume that backup battery refers to a UPS that powers the Orbi router?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7