Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS20 Randomly disconnects from Network

czerwe
Aspirant

RBS20 Randomly disconnects from Network

Hi,

i have similiar issues like it's described here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/One-of-2-RBS20-satellite-disconnect-randomly/m-p/2014465#M1079...

I have one RBR20 and two RBS20 ( lets call them RBS20-1 and RBS20-2). Out of the sudden the RBS20-2 is randomly disconnecting from the network. After some minutes it comes back.

I already tried the mentioned troubleshooting settings.

• Disabled DasyChaining.
  • Beamfoarming aktivated
  • MU-MIMO aktivated
  • Fast Roaming
  • Fixing the 2.4Ghz Rate

Currently i have the thougth that this is an hardware issue. RBS-1 never restarts and i switched the location of RBS20-1 and RBS20-2 and RBS20-2 is still restarting even if it's now in the location of RBS20-1, RBS20-1 run's stable in any location and never losses the connection (except it's dasy-chain to RBS20-1 of course)

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS20 Randomly disconnects from Network

@czerwe wrote:

i have similiar issues like it's described here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/One-of-2-RBS20-satellite-disconnect-randomly/m-p/2014465#M1079...

I have one RBR20 and two RBS20 ( lets call them RBS20-1 and RBS20-2). Out of the sudden the RBS20-2 is randomly disconnecting from the network. After some minutes it comes back.

Does the "Ring Light" at the top of Satellite-2 do anything during one of these disconnect/reconnect episodes?

Does anything appear in the Orbi log file at these times?

Message 2 of 3
czerwe
Aspirant

Re: RBS20 Randomly disconnects from Network

Hi,

the ring did slowly pulse white. It's quite similiar to an normal bootup proceadure.

To be honest i haven't seen the Log entry in the Overview.

Currently the Hardware is in an RMA process for replacement.

I got in touch with the Support since the device is crucial for my Homeoffice and Homeshooling setup.
We wherent even able to reset the device. regardless how long i reset the Satelite it was alwas reconnect to the Router.

I hope the replacement part does run as the previous did the 3 month before.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7