Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Does not connect to Internet

Yatheesh
Initiate

RBS50 Does not connect to Internet

Hi,

I have a RBR50 Orbi modem with RBS50 extension satellite.  Since morning,  RBR50 base station is working fine and provides internet connection to attached devices, however satellite does not. Both the were working perfectly fine till yesterday. Both are using version 2.7.3.22 firmware.  Satellite is connected to basestation(conencts with solid blue light). I tried doing a factory reset for satellite. But still it does not work. My basestation is in ground floor and satellite is in first floor. My house size is  120SQM in GF and same in first floor.

Apprecaite help.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 Does not connect to Internet

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Be sure the RBS FW is updated to same version as whats loaded on the RBR.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7