Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 SATELLITE NOT RESPONSIVE

DK986
Aspirant

RBS50 SATELLITE NOT RESPONSIVE

First off, I'm not a technically minded user - just a sole trader working from home with a need for a stable network.

I have a Orbis RBR50 Router with two satellites which are operating well with firmware V2.7.4.24.

Problem is my 3rd satellite, despite a factory reset, will not connect to the network and has a flashing red on/off switch. Its LED ring is constantly flashing white.

I've learned its probably a firmware problem but if I cant connect to the router - (presumably because of the firmware mismatch?) - how can I get it to update to a current firmware and hopefully solve the problem?

Any help gratefully received. As I said I'm not an IT professional....

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DK986
Aspirant

Re: RBS50 SATELLITE NOT RESPONSIVE

All

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

I've been able to solve the problem with the help of a local Netgear accredited supplier and the issue related to corrupt firmware on the satellite in question. The power light blinked green upon startup then flashed red after approximately 15 seconds and continued to do so with the LED flashing white throughout.

The issue was that the firmware could not update wirelessly and so had to be hard wired and firmware updated in sequence: According to my supplier he had to TFTP to the unit, then apply the following firmware levels in sequence:-

Taking the unit directly to 2.7.4.24 failed

It is now working and re-connected to my network. Thanks to all DK986

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

If it is less than one year old, you can ask to have it replaced under the hardware warranty.

If not, I would first swap the power adapter with one of the other adapters.  Chances are that the power adapter is fine, but "you never know until ...."

It is probably a good idea to read the instructions on using nmrpflash at

https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash 

People who enjoy this sort of thing might welcome the opportunity.  For others, buying a used RBS50 on eBay would be hands down the better choice.

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello  DK986,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

A firmware mismatch between the RBR50 and the RBS50 could be the cause of why only one satellite is having sync issues. I would like to get you in touch with our experts to further troubleshoot this issue. 

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:
Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
DK986
Aspirant

All

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

I've been able to solve the problem with the help of a local Netgear accredited supplier and the issue related to corrupt firmware on the satellite in question. The power light blinked green upon startup then flashed red after approximately 15 seconds and continued to do so with the LED flashing white throughout.

The issue was that the firmware could not update wirelessly and so had to be hard wired and firmware updated in sequence: According to my supplier he had to TFTP to the unit, then apply the following firmware levels in sequence:-

Taking the unit directly to 2.7.4.24 failed

It is now working and re-connected to my network. Thanks to all DK986

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7