Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Sync Issue

iheffern
Aspirant

RBS50 Sync Issue

Just got a new RBK50 system with an extra RBS50 satellite. The router is working fine, and one satellite synced successfully and shows up on orbilogin.net. I cannot get the second satellite to sync. Tried multiple factory resets, syncing with button pressing, using orbilogin.net, and the iOS app. I never get the magenta ring. It either stops flashing and just turns off or it goes blue, but then never shows as a detected satellite on orbilogin.net.

However, I can plug devices into this satellite and they get assigned an IP and can see the internet. It's just that they never show as detected in the system by orbilogin.net.

Am I overthinking this and should I just take the connectivity? Or by it not showing in orbilogin.net and I not getting the additional wifi range? Thanks...

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
iheffern
Aspirant

Re: RBS50 Sync Issue

Solved the issue. Discovered that each satellite also runs its own HTTP server. So if you satellite has an IP of 10.0.0.2, you can hit that in a browser, enter your orbilogin.net credentials and get a page specific to that satellite that allows you to update firmware.

My rogue satellite that was connecting, but not showing in Attached Devices, wouldn't even show up using arp -a so I used the IP of the device that was wired to it (.40) and walked back addresses in my browser. Turned out it had an IP address of .39. Identified that it was running firmware version 1.4.0.18, while my router and visibly connected satellite were running 2.0.0.74. Applied the firmware update manually through the satellite HTTP site and now it's showing up in orbilogin.net!

So, bottom line, it appears that after the v2.0 firmware update, satellites still running v1.x will connect, but not show as attached in orbilogin.net. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later update, but until then hope this helps someone else out.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
iheffern
Aspirant

Re: RBS50 Sync Issue

Solved the issue. Discovered that each satellite also runs its own HTTP server. So if you satellite has an IP of 10.0.0.2, you can hit that in a browser, enter your orbilogin.net credentials and get a page specific to that satellite that allows you to update firmware.

My rogue satellite that was connecting, but not showing in Attached Devices, wouldn't even show up using arp -a so I used the IP of the device that was wired to it (.40) and walked back addresses in my browser. Turned out it had an IP address of .39. Identified that it was running firmware version 1.4.0.18, while my router and visibly connected satellite were running 2.0.0.74. Applied the firmware update manually through the satellite HTTP site and now it's showing up in orbilogin.net!

So, bottom line, it appears that after the v2.0 firmware update, satellites still running v1.x will connect, but not show as attached in orbilogin.net. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later update, but until then hope this helps someone else out.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7