Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50v2 power led flashing red

tiweme
Initiate

RBS50v2 power led flashing red

Hi there,

seems there is a problem with the firmware update to 2.7.4.24. I have 1 Router RBK50 and 2 Statellites RBS50. Router and 1 Satellite have been updated correctly, even I was not really aware of the update. I accidentally found out that 1 satellite was not connected anymore.

Orbi App says that the firmware is 2.7.3.22 on the satellite, the satellite is not connected, the white led is flashing and the power led is flashing red. So, I googled and found out that the problem is widely known, but I did not find a solution for that. Manual update does not work, because satellite is not connected respectively can not added to the system. Reset button does not help either.

How to get the latest firmware on the satellite or to bring the satellite to a status which allows the router or the Orbi app to identify the satellite? Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
tiweme
Initiate

Re: RBS50v2 power led flashing red

PROBLEM SOVELD!

I did it along the very good description from @shrickus  posted 2018-08-13 09:56 PM, but I did it in a Mac environment.

Some observations: mini hub is essential to see that Mac AND satellite are connected. tftp works slightly different - you need three steps:

tftp 192.168.1.1

binary

put <firmware version img file>.

Worked out for me with an RBS50v2 satellite and fw version 2.7.4.24 and gives me trust for the next fw update.

Thanks @shrickus 

Tilo

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
tiweme
Initiate

PROBLEM SOVELD!

I did it along the very good description from @shrickus  posted 2018-08-13 09:56 PM, but I did it in a Mac environment.

Some observations: mini hub is essential to see that Mac AND satellite are connected. tftp works slightly different - you need three steps:

tftp 192.168.1.1

binary

put <firmware version img file>.

Worked out for me with an RBS50v2 satellite and fw version 2.7.4.24 and gives me trust for the next fw update.

Thanks @shrickus 

Tilo

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

If you got the RBS working again. Then you could manually update the RBS then RBR to most current version of FW using the WEB UI on the RBS and RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Wi-Fi-5-AC-and-Orbi-with/New-RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-7-...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7