Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 does not connect with RBK50

aho85
Aspirant

RBW30 does not connect with RBK50

Hi,

We've got pretty new house with quite thick floors and walls, rendering regular WIFI not usable. My previous Devolo system broke down, thus replaced it with the expensive but highly recommended RBK50. Having the router in the living room and the sattelite on the first floor, all worked fine. Perfect signal on ground floor and first floor. Just on the second floor the signal was so weak that the baby camera there couldn't even connect. 

Today received an additional RBW30 sattelite to solve that matter once and for all. Unfortunately, i am not able to get it connected. I've tried everything:

• Sync via the hardware sync buttons
  • Sync via the iOS app
  • Sync via the web interface
  • Between each of above, factory reset of sattelite and router
  • Also tried syncing the RBW30 on the first and ground floor

Nothing seems to work. The RBK50 and RBS50 have been updated to V1.12.0.18. The new RBW30 sattelite is probably on an older version, but since it won't connect i cannot see nor update it. 

It there any way to resolve this? I've already monitored many threads and i notice a trend where it seems this is a common problem. This one for example is similar: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBW30-won-t-connect/td-p/1355185

Will it be addressed i a firmware update? When will it be released? 

Thanks, in the mean while contacting the retailer about returning the product. I see that Netgear is advising that in the post i refer to above. However, what good will it do if they replace it with another unit with the same issue? 

Alexander

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
aho85
Aspirant

Betreff: RBW30 does not connect with RBK50

Sovled. Upgrading to yesterdays new V2.0.0.72 firmware fixed this before i got the chance to return it to the retailer.

Happy! 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
aho85
Aspirant

Note that when i sync the RBW30, the unit does flash white as expected, then turns to solid blue indicating it's properly connected with the router. However, then on the iOS app and the web interface, the RBW30 sattelite does not show up.

Message 2 of 4
aho85
Aspirant

Sovled. Upgrading to yesterdays new V2.0.0.72 firmware fixed this before i got the chance to return it to the retailer.

Happy! 

Message 3 of 4
martyfp
Luminary

Very good - that'll be the new daisy-chain feature that comes with this release.   I plan to get a RBW30 no for the same use as you 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7